Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sandra Backlund

Ok, so college is starting to pick up the pace and things are beginning to pile up!  It's exciting, but still intimidating at the very same time.  We're busy in Fashion Design Week, with our overall theme for this module being Sportswear.  Our brief stipulated us to design a sportswear inspired range, which sounds quite 'bleh' at first glance.  But, with a bit more time and research, I realise that this could be a totally amazing assignment. And it IS!  I'm fully enjoying every aspect of this project so far and hope to keep up this enthusiasm right throughout.  Although, check in with me during Sewing Week, it might just be another ketttle of fish ...

But for now, I thought I'd post some photographs of the breathtakingly beautiful work of Sandra Backlund.  Her knitwear creations leave me speechless, with just a touch of jealousy towards her innovation.  She truly is a visionary of our time.







No comments:

Post a Comment